Re: Create Database Script..

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 12:08:14 +0200

Arijit Chatterjee wrote:

> Dear Sir,
> Thanks for your great supports.I am sending the details.
> Total script Details
> =================
> oradim -new -sid tempdb -intpwd tempdb -startmode manual -pfile
> E:\Oracle\admin\tempdb\pfile\inittempdb.ora
> SET ORACLE_SID=tempdb
> SQLPLUS /NOLOG
> CONNECT internal/tempdb as SYSDBA
> STARTUP PFILE=E:\Oracle\admin\tempdb\pfile\inittempdb.ora NOMOUNT
> CREATE DATABASE tempdb
> CONTROLFILE
> LOGFILE 'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\redo01.log' SIZE 10M ,
> 'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\redo02.log' SIZE 10M ,
> 'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\redo03.log' SIZE 10M ,
> 'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\redo04.log' SIZE 10M
> DATAFILE 'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\system01.dbf' SIZE 50M
> AUTOEXTEND ON
> NEXT 10M
> CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859P1
> NATIONAL CHARACTER SET UTF8;
> -- Create another (temporary) rollback segment in the system
> talbespace
> CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb_temp STORAGE (INITIAL 1000 k NEXT 250 k);

That is not required since 7.3...

> -- Alter temporary rollback segment online before proceding
> ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb_temp ONLINE;
> CREATE TABLESPACE rbs
> DATAFILE 'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\rbs01.dbf' SIZE 20M AUTOEXTEND
> ON
> NEXT 5M ;
> CREATE TABLESPACE users
> DATAFILE 'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\users01.dbf' SIZE 20M
> AUTOEXTEND ON
> NEXT 5M ;
> CREATE TABLESPACE temp
> DATAFILE 'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\temp01.dbf' SIZE 20M AUTOEXTEND
> ON
> NEXT 5M ;
Any reason not to define default storage clauses on tablespace level?

> -- Create rollback segments.
> CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb1 STORAGE(INITIAL 500K NEXT 2500K)
> tablespace rbs;
> CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb2 STORAGE(INITIAL 500K NEXT 2500K)
> tablespace rbs;
> CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb3 STORAGE(INITIAL 500K NEXT 2500K)
> tablespace rbs;
> CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb4 STORAGE(INITIAL 500K NEXT 2500K)
> tablespace rbs;

Any reason to use different initial and next segment sizes? If you had default storage clauses on tablespaces, you would not need to define those above on a per rollback segment basis.

> -- Bring new rollback segments online and drop the temporary system
> one
> ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb1 ONLINE;
> ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb2 ONLINE;
> ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb3 ONLINE;
> ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb4 ONLINE;
> ALTER ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb_temp OFFLINE;
> DROP ROLLBACK SEGMENT rb_temp ;
> CREATE USER scott
> IDENTIFIED BY tiger;
> GRANT connect TO scott;
> GRANT AQ_ADMINISTRATOR_ROLE TO scott WITH ADMIN OPTION;
> GRANT DBA TO scott WITH ADMIN OPTION;
> Copy the "inittempdb.ora" to $Oracle Home\Database
> Run The Scripts
>
> @E:\Oracle\iSuites\sqlplus\admin\PUPBLD.SQL
> @E:\Oracle\iSuites\RDBMS\ADMIN\catproc.sql
> @E:\Oracle\iSuites\RDBMS\ADMIN\standard.sql
> @E:\Oracle\iSuites\RDBMS\ADMIN\utlirp.sql
> @E:\Oracle\iSuites\RDBMS\ADMIN\catexp.sql
> And Mr Howard J. Rogers suggestion I change my init.ora file.
> Now the database is working perfectly.But when I trying to
> enter in DBA Studio Getting the error insuffient priviledges.
> UserId is "scott" and password is "tiger"
> =================
> Oracle DBA Studio
> =================
> VTADB-1000 : This application requires more database
> priviledges than you have currently granted to you.
> Now when the scott has DBA rights.Then why he is not able to
> enter.Some more priviledges is required or I did some mistake.
> Regards
> Arijit Chatterjee

DBA is a role (even in 8i) - some things (like execution rights on packages) need to be granted directly to scott, not via a role.

For starters, you could try SYS/CHANGE_ON_INSTALL as SYSDBA. Check the documentation for other users (scott) of DBA studio

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel