Re: 64 bit software

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 2 Sep 2004 05:26:30 -0700

Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<KRwZc.14393$9%.832_at_newssvr27.news.prodigy.com>...
> I tried 64-bit when I tested upgrades to 9i under Solaris 8. The basic
> installs and such worked fine, but when 3rd-party clients (Java, Perl)
> need to be re-linked, that's when the troubles started. I retreated to
> 32-bit.

Can you elaborate more on this? We're using only 64-bit Oracle here (well, some old 32bit 8.0.5s still hanging around) and all transitions were transparent. Client side should not be affected at all. Are mentioned clients on the same server? Or are they on an application server transferred to 64bit OS?

--
Dusan Bolek
http://www.db-support.com

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email will face an
unpleasant end as SPAM.