Re: Recover the online redologs

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh.raja_at_nospam.mantas.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:08:35 +0100

akush wrote:

> Hi !
>
> i evaluate what to do when the oracle server crashes and try to figure
> out what to to with the online redo logs. its not a problem to recover
> to database with the backups i have to a new fresh oracle instance. but
> it recovers only to the last archive log. but what is with the online
> redo logs? Is there are mechanism that checks if the online redo log is
> ok and recovers it? The only way to bringt the database online is to
> type in rman: alter database open RESETLOGS but this will create new
> online redologs and deletes the old if i had them copies from the
> backup. So my question: how do i recover the online redo logs?
>
> thk for help
> akush

What do u mean by Recovering the Online Redo Logs.

If you have *Not* restored the Logs as part of your restore operation (Don't backup Redo Logs) then when it asks for an Archivelog after the last one has been applied start giving ur online redo logs and u should be able to open the db without resetlogs option.

HTH

--

Cheers
Ganesh Raja