Re: Scripts to automate dba tasks

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 1 Sep 2004 13:50:15 -0700

google.z.bratt_at_uksys.co.uk (Mike) wrote in message news:<86a15609.0409010301.1b0dfe28_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any good resources/links on automating DBA tasks
> (such as purging archives, etc)?
>
> I'm interested in both UNIX/Linux and WIndows scripting
>
> Cheers
> Mike
>
> google.z.bratt_at_uksys.co.uk
> mailto:google.z.bratt_at_uksys.co.uk

Try searching the archives. The advanced search on the google groups screen is an easy way to do this. I suggest looking you try a series of terms like automate backups, automate purge, .... There have been numerious scripts posted over the years. Because of the differences in resouces, retention policy, and auditing requirements everything you find will need to be considered based on your local needs.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Sep 01 2004 - 15:50:15 CDT