Re: losing global statistics after exchange partition (8.1.7.4)

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:38:58 +0000 (UTC)

Are you adding an empty partition BEFORE exporting the stats or after exporting the stats. There are some really odd features to global stats in 8.1.7.4, one being that the stats disappear on just about any partition maintenance.

If you are exporting before adding the empty partition, check the contents of the export table to see if it hold stats for all the partitions and the table - you may have to run two exports to get all the stats, and two imports to reload them.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated July 27th