Re: string connection

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 12:32:36 GMT

Rafael Dias wrote:

> The connection string with I´m using is:
> "Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle;ORAPROP_PLSQLRSet=true;User
> Id=system;Password=manager;DSN Source=_BD_AMBTESTE1;
>
> the commic part is whith I´m sucess when trying connect with sqlplus.

Paraphrasing - please correct

You have two computers, one with a C++ application, the other with an Oracle9i database.

The machine with the C++ application is the Win2K client machine.

(We do not know the exact database version or operating system of the database server machine. It is quite possible we do not need that information, but it would be useful for complete analysis.)

You have successfully connected from the client machine to the database using SQLPlus. As a result, you have confirmed

Your problem is that ODBC is not connecting to the database.

If the above confirmation is true, then your DSN Source is misconfigured.

(However, if you have only connected using SQLPlus from the server, then the confirmation is NOT true.)

/Hans Received on Wed Sep 01 2004 - 07:32:36 CDT