Re: How to apply archive logs on an cold backup

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:12:35 +1000

Niall Litchfield wrote:

>> > Please don't post complete nonsense.
>> >

>> Okay, let's see who is posting nonsense here.

> I suspect you will find that it is your advice above that is probably
> incorrect, and that Howard's approach is exactly correct - I personally
> don't like the word nonsense.

You are quite correct, Niall (which is why you might make a UN diplomat one day and I never will). I shouldn't have used the word "nonsense", and I apologise for it.

I should have posted, instead, "Please don't post advice which is simplistic, incompetent, erroneous, misleading, dangerous, technically deficient, and flawed".

I therefore unreservedly retract my earlier statement.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Sep 01 2004 - 07:12:35 CDT