Re: Load test; v$session.status=ACTIVE and v$session_wait.event=SQL*Net message from client

From: Ana C. Dent <anacedent_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 01:43:22 GMT

netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net (NetComrade) wrote in news:4134e977.528116261_at_localhost:

> Got rid of the lock, load testing script wasn't designed properly.
> Unfortunately still don't have 100% idea on why it was locking (but
> think multiple sessions were trying to update the same row), but that
> wasn't my primary concern. The question was, what a session is doing
> when it's 'ACTIVE', when it's waiting for 'message' from client.

Keep in mind that a LOCK is not the same as an ENQUEUE (wait); otherwise they'd have the same name & not be named differently.

ENQUE wait are typically caused by a combination of full data blocks and INITRANS being "too small". When a block is "too full" the Interested Transaction List (ITL) is precluded from growing to hit MAXTRANS. So any transaction which desires to modify a block, such as an Index Header block, must wait for an available slot in the ITL. Received on Tue Aug 31 2004 - 20:43:22 CDT