Re: SQL Server 2000 Migrate to Oracle

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 05:59:54 +1000

Galen Boyer wrote:

> Well, Howard. If you reread the thread with less of an offended
> mindset, you would find I did very little to offend you.

Fair enough. I'm obviously just imagining it, and you have a halo of innocence about you. I will go and change my mindset at the earliest opportunity.

>> Your comments imply you know what was going on in my mind when
>> I wrote that post. But you don't, and you didn't. And you
>> haven't apologised for the arrogance that informs your belief
>> that you did.

> I'm not going to apologize for my opinions of your comments.

I'm not asking you to. You're entitled to your opinion of my comments. It's your expressing your opinions about me personally that's in question here.

> You
> have them and don't apologize for them as well.

I have my personal and my technical opinions. I try to express my technical opinions here, and keep the personal feeling out of it. Not always perfectly of course, because I'm only human after all. But in this thread, I have expressed nothing but a technical opinion. Although, in a *manner* that you dislike. Apparently, you feel that gives you the right then to pass judgement about me personally. I don't, however.

> You are taking
> offense to my comments, so clearly you think you know what is
> going on in my mind when I write them, or you wouldn't be
> offended by them.

>> So, frankly Galen: you can write a complete essay as your
>> column names if you want. I don't give a stuff.

> I haven't written a thing, other than to defend myself against
> your claims of the term, ridiculous.

Where, specifically, did I ever call *you* ridiculous?

So, why the need for defence, when no attack on you has been made in the first place?

I did use the word ridiculous, true enough. In a post to someone else entirely, and concerning their choice of column lengths. Not quite the same thing as you're describing at all, is it?

You on the other hand did make *personal* judgements about me, posted them as fact, and blythely ignored the offence you gave as you sought to move on to discuss something else.

Now, I've tried to explain why I have reacted as I have, and your role in that. You can accept it as rational and reasonable, or not, as you see fit. But there is no point in pursuing the matter in this venue. I will not be posting further to this thread.

HJR Received on Tue Aug 31 2004 - 14:59:54 CDT