Re: SQL Server 2000 Migrate to Oracle

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2004 21:38:22 -0500

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004, hjr_at_dizwell.com wrote:
> Galen Boyer wrote:
>

>> Howard, you said to me that you would have chosen a much
>> shorter abbrev for my example attribute.  What say you now?
>>

> Galen: you haven't behaved decently in this thread.

Let me see. I clearly apologized for saying you were on a soapbox and I don't think saying you "slammed" the guy was too far from the truth. I mean, Howard, you don't even get sorrys in newsgroups and I realized the mistake and atoned for it. What do you want me to do further?

The guy asked a newbish type question and you gave him a "wake up and smell the roses". That is sarcastic and, yes, I think you slammed him. Okay, maybe you somewhat, or moderately slammed him, maybe you don't think you slammed him at all, but he didn't need a "wake up and smell the roses". Maybe he is just starting out? Maybe he just wanted some direction?

> So until you sort that out, I have nothing further to discuss
> with you.

I'm confused. How is this last post not decent? I challenged you to back up your previous claim where you called my columns names, "well.. I don't know what else to call it. Ridiculous is the only word that springs to mind." I posted words directly from Oracle that clearly back up my side of the argument. Is calling my designs ridiculous "behaving decently"?

Howard, you stated:

  I would have gone for fisfp myself. Or fispnlty

  Nowhere near 20 characters, still less 30.

Oracle clearly disagrees with you, and I clearly disagree with you. I'm awaiting your response.

--
Galen Boyer