Trace file location

From: DK <dakight_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:57:25 -0400

I recently had a trace file that eventually got to 15gb before the ORACLE_HOME directory was maxed out at 100%. I've sent the trace file off to Oracle and set the max trace file to 5mb. However, I see that in 9i the bdump\cdump locations are dynamic parameters. If I move the bdump location to a non-consequential file system other than ORACLE_HOME will oracle have problems if it can't write to the file system because of space problems when attempting to generate a trace file?? Received on Mon Aug 30 2004 - 20:57:25 CDT