Re: Oracle Awards: Oustanding SPAM SPAM SPAM

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:56:45 +0200

> [...]
> files, Unix mail, Gnu rmail, Netnews format, PICT files, GIF
> files and TIFF files, Internet resource guide, postscript files
> and other mail formats. NetBook indexes most text at a speed of
> about 300 Mb per hour.
>

> NetBook is also capable of displaying various formats such as
> text, PICT files, TIF and GIF files. NetBook currently runs under
> UNIX (SunOS, Interactive UNIX) and a Windows 3.1 version will be
> announced shortly.
>
> For full information call (713) 789-1746 or write
> Tera Knowledge Systems, Inc.
> P.O. Box 771862
> Houston, TX 77215-1862
>
> After this advertisement nothing was ever heard of Tera Knowledge
> Systems, Inc. until 9 years later, when Amjad Daoud posted THIS in
> comp.databases.oracle.misc on September 11, 2001:
>
> Dear DBA,
>
> You are cordially invited to test and review our 100%
> pure Java Oracle 9i/8i Monitoring Applet (OMLET). As
> the leading expert in your field, your opinion and
> feedback is highly valued and appreciated. We would
> like to encourage you to distribute copies of OMLET to
> your associates and fellow DBAs. Omlet is distributed
> in a jar form and can be found at:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/teraknowledgesystems/omlet.jar
>
> Installation information is available at:
>
> http://www.geocities.com/teraknowledgesystems/readme.txt
>
> and license information can be found at:
> http://www.geocities.com/teraknowledgesystems/license.txt
>
> Thank you for your time and participation.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Amjad Daoud
> The OMLET Team Lead
> Tera Knowledge Systems, Inc.
> Arlington, Texas
>
> So, we have a legitimate corporation, Tera Knowledge Systems, Inc.,
> located in Houston, Texas in 1992, selling a product called Netbook.
> Nothing more is heard of this company until nine years later, when
> Amjad Daoud, who apparently bought out the beleagured company for a
> song (and, possibly a dance), decided to use a once-respected company
> name to promote his own product and agenda, moving the 'corporation'
> to Arlington, Texas, home of the Texas Rangers baseball team, Six
> Flags, Wet and Wild and the University of Texas at Arlington. And
> Arlington is just southwest of D/FW Airport, where AMR/Sabre has
> faciilities. No mention is made of Tera Knowledge Systems, Inc.
> buying out any corporation named Stanford Information Technology,
> Inc., which isn't the same as the Stanford Information Technology
> Corporation, which Amjad claims he founded. Which also leads to the
> question of why 'Lil', his 'ex', still owns 50 percent of this
> ludicrous company. Amjad owns 50 percent, 'Lil' owns 50 percent ...
> either they are both rich, or the company is worthless. And, if
> they're so loaded with money, why are they so bothered by criticism?
>
> It simply does not make sense to any rational person. Of course,

As you seem to be very interested in A.D., here's a post from him in a Jordan Java User Group (don't know if you already saw it as i don't follow all these posts):

Message Posted on Sunday, Dec 29 2002
Hi All, I represent DiTech Corp. in Amman. Our address is 212 Abu Haj Building, Qeen Rania St. I would like to start a new group to help complete the development of OMLET Oracle Monitoring Apps and Applets. It mainly uses thin jdbc and threading to monitor Oracle in real time. Contact: Amjad Daoud (daoudamjad_at_yahoo.com) City: amman

--
Regards
Michel Cadot