Re: SQL Server 2000 Migrate to Oracle

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:45:22 GMT

Galen Boyer wrote:

> Okay, if thats supposedly the argument. Is it actually written
> somewhere, "Though shalt not have > 30 characters ..."

At least we have 30 characters, and not the 18 defined in FIPS PUB 127-2 <g>

Or we could have the convenient 27 different identifier lengths as described at https://aurora.vcu.edu/db2help/db2s0/frame3.htm#sqlidts

BTW: I agree that 30 characters is too small. Why bother with a metadata repository or comments, just make the identifier fully descriptive. Then get an IDE with autocomplete ... Received on Mon Aug 30 2004 - 12:45:22 CDT