OS Not releasing space - move datafile

From: Raj <natraj.subramaniam_at_ps.ge.com>
Date: 30 Aug 2004 08:14:29 -0700

I am having an issue with the OS not releasing space after I move a datafile from one MP to another or if I drop the datafile.

I have tried to find if there are any processes still holding or attached to the file - No luck there.

I was given to unserstand it was a known veritas bug that if the free space drops too low - then the move will not release space.

Any idea ? Has anyone seen similar issues.

DB 8i

OS Solaris 2.8

Veritas Received on Mon Aug 30 2004 - 10:14:29 CDT