losing global statistics after exchange partition (8.1.7.4)

From: prom <promanek_at_hektor.umcs.lublin.pl>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:24:53 +0000 (UTC)

Hello all!
  I'm having problem with rollup. I'm using following scheme for every summary table T [ T is partitioned table ]:

     1)export stats of T
     2)fill temporary table TMP (not partitioned)
     3)exchange partition (T <-> TMP)
     4)import stats.

But after all, global statistics of every table T are lost (database 8.1.7.4). The same schema works fine on 9i. I cannot rebuild statistcs frequently, because it takes too much time. Procedure dbms_stats.import_table_stats has additional parameter - no_invalidate on 9i. Is there any way to do exchange partition on 8i without marking global stats as invalidated ??

Regards
Pawel Received on Mon Aug 30 2004 - 08:24:53 CDT