Re: Two instances with same SID in a same machine

From: Igor Laletin <ilaletin_at_usa.net>
Date: 29 Aug 2004 18:52:09 -0700

Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote in message news:<RXaYc.71105$X12.53526_at_edtnps84>...
> So perhaps you could help with this test I've got here .... one userid, two
> oracle homes, two listeners.

Without looking at listener.ora and unix environments it would be just guessing. Any chance you forget to change ORACLE_HOME in SID_DESC?

Also did you install the second OH from scratch or copied it from the first one? Shouldn't actually matter with the right environment but again I can't see yours. If latter, try to relink it with the right LD_LIBRARY_PATH or set it explicitly.

> /Hans

/Igor Received on Sun Aug 29 2004 - 20:52:09 CDT