Re: Sarbaynes-Oxley and the Oracle DBA

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 16:23:56 -0400

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:27:56 -0700, Prem K Mehrotra wrote:

> for various regulations. It has given me ideas on how to implement
> Oracle database auditing which my auditors definitely want. Only thing
> which I found missing in the book is discussion on logminer even
> though book's introduction says log miner is covered but I did not
> find any details further in the book.

And why would you expect logminer details in the book about security? Logimner, Data Guard and Data Streams are replication technologies, not security ones. You didn't find DBI description or the wait event based tuning methodology either. Even more, it doesn't contain anything about Harry Potter. Shame on Arup and Sauron.

--
A city is a large community where people are lonesome together.