Re: How to break a database

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:56:14 GMT

Hans Forbrich wrote:

> Harry_Boswell_at_deq.state.ms.us wrote:
>

>>On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:50:03 GMT, Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
>>wrote:

>>>The OS is relevant to your question.
>>
>>Sorry!
>>
>>Solaris 2.6 & Solaris 9.
>>
>>Oracle 8.1.7 and Oracle 9.2.0.5.

> Have your reviewed the Backup and Recovery manuals? Especially in the
> Scenarios chapter of the Oracle9i User-Managed Backup and Recovery Guide

[...]
> HTH
> /Hans

If you are running any type of clustering for the database (RAC, Veritas, HP Service Guard, Linux Redhat clustering) don't forget to try to break the cluster too. As a simple example, a cluster monitoring process that can't update a row in a test table because of a constraint violation might break the cluster and bring your database off-line.

--Mark Bole Received on Fri Aug 27 2004 - 18:56:14 CDT