Re: Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i Lite Sync

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:31:40 GMT

Frank van Bortel wrote:

> Mark Bole wrote:
>

>> Sybrand Bakker wrote:

[...]

> Sorry to barge in here, but did you ever take a look
> at Oracle Lite? It has specifically been built to
> be used in small computers (cell phones, PDA's) that
> require synchronization.
> Pretty easy to set up, and it works between 5.0.1 (aka 9i)
> and 8.0 as well as 8i (according to
> http://download.oracle.com/docs/pdf/A95260_01.pdf).
>
> So why don't you give it a try?

Your barging is welcome. I, for one, was completely ignorant of what Oracle Lite consisted of, and now that I've skimmed the link you provided, I'm pretty sure I mis-interpreted the OP.

It sounds like a question for "Certify and Availability" in Metalink...?

--Mark Bole Received on Fri Aug 27 2004 - 18:31:40 CDT