Re: Help with comparing two databases (a newbie? question)

From: Igor Laletin <ilaletin_at_usa.net>
Date: 27 Aug 2004 15:26:21 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1093499702.804723_at_yasure>...
> Andrzej wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to compare two databases/schemas from different servers. Unfortunately
> > the database names are the same. Does anybody know how to do it using OEM?

You need change manager, additional pack for oem.

> > Oracle wants to have different database names.
> > I'm using Oracle 9i 9.2.0.5.

I think is possible, will take a look on Monday.

> > Thank you for any help.
> >
> > Andrzej Urbanowicz
>
> Create a database link.
> Subtract the local user_objects from the remote user_objects and visa versa.

It's not as simple as this. You also need to compare object definitions including:

- constraint definitions - not by names which could be generated by oracle
- db links definitions
- grants, quotas, synonyms
- etc.

That's why we have change manager in oem.

Regards,
Igor Received on Fri Aug 27 2004 - 17:26:21 CDT