Re: Oracle 8.0.5 on HPUX 11.0 64bit

From: Rob Darko <rjdarko_at_hudsonproducts.com>
Date: 27 Aug 2004 14:51:27 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1091424988.671881_at_yasure>...
> Rob Darko wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to get Oracle 8.0.5 to work on an HP L2000 using HP-UX 11.0
> > (which I believe is a 64 bit OS). I've managed to get it installed,
> > but I had to manually relink everything. When I run svrmgrl I get
> > ORA-03113 error. I've tried all kinds of manipulation several kernel
> > settings with no joy.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > I have succesfully installed Oracle 8.1.7 and it works just fine, but
> > I have some 3rd party software that needs 8.0.5.
> >
> > Please email me if you have some help to offer.
> >
> > (change the <AT> to @ for proper email address)
> >
> > rjdarko<AT>hudsonproducts.com
>

> <RANT>
> Why? Why would you spend 5 minutes of effort trying to install an
> unsupported version of Oracle? And unsupported by probably a decade.
> </RANT>
>
> You didn't read and follow the installation instructions. Go into SAM
> and set the proper kernel parameters.

<Justified RANT> If you had read my message you would see that I have a 3rd party package that requires this version of Oracle. You would also have read that I had tried several kernel settings, but was still unable to get it to work.
</Justified RANT>

Anyway the problem turned out that the installer I had was only good for HPUX 10.2 and I needed the Oracle 8.0.5 installer for HPUX 11.0.

After I got the correct CD it worked beautifully. Received on Fri Aug 27 2004 - 16:51:27 CDT