strange problem when selecting from database

From: Eitan <no_spam_please_at_nospam.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 23:10:39 +0200

Hello,

I am using V.B. with Oracle 9i (on the server side). (on the client side there is oracle 8i). I did rebooot the server computer, and also the database.

Before restrarting the computer, I did the following : select 'ABC' from dual
The result was : 'ABC'.
After restrarting the computer (server), I did the same : select 'ABC' from dual
The result was : 'ABC ' (with spaces - no. length of the whole string was 32 bytes once, but it was not a fixed length after).

I have checked this out on the client and also on the server computer, but the problem exists on both computers.
When I run the sql query from sql-plus (with no ODBC) the sql result was the same as before rebooting (without spaces).

I don't understand why this, but since this was a strange behaviour both on client and server, with no other new program installed on it after rebooting, it can be maybe on the ODBC server side.

What should I check out, and how can I fix that problem ?

Thanks :) Received on Fri Aug 27 2004 - 16:10:39 CDT