Re: Possible Security Breach

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:35:29 GMT

rc wrote:

> Can I ask some one waht the PLSExtProc does, this is the first time I
> have had to look into this, and I know little about the tnslistner

Basically PLSExtProc is the target, on the local machine, that is used by PL/SQL call-outs from the database. While this could be related to an attempted security breach to the local machines OS (which has a relevant patch), it will not be related to an attempted TCP/IP connection to 'blueyounder'

If, as others have indicated, you can not trace this to a DBLink or self-registration (in the init.ora), then contact Oracle and utilize your support contract!

(If you do not have a support contract, then your urgency is null as you do not have legit access to the patches <g>) Received on Fri Aug 27 2004 - 08:35:29 CDT