Re: Possible Security Breach

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 06:16:50 -0700

rc wrote:

>>Evidently you have a listener running on port 1521. As Howard explains
>>each instance registers itself with the listener every minute. I guess
>>you would do better to spend your time on something else, eg. reading
>>in the net 8 manual what the Plsextproc does, rather than misusing
>>this group as a replacement for reading manuals.

> Now, if it wasn't such an urgent issue I probably would do what you
> ask ,RTFM, but if the system has been compromised than I need some
> help now to understand what is happening, again someone who claims to
> be a "Senior Oracle DBA" would understand that !!!
>
> Further more the whole point of such groups is to share information
> only if you want to ?

The system undoubtedly has not been compromised so go read the manual.

Which, BTW, is what you should have done years before anyone ever put you in charge of any system such that you would even be asking these questions. Almost by definition you are unqualified for the job you are getting paid to perform.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington