Re: Possible Security Breach

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 12:20:00 +0200

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 10:11:33 +0100, rc <rc_at_spam.com> wrote:

>>Evidently you have a listener running on port 1521. As Howard explains
>>each instance registers itself with the listener every minute. I guess
>>you would do better to spend your time on something else, eg. reading
>>in the net 8 manual what the Plsextproc does, rather than misusing
>>this group as a replacement for reading manuals.
>
>Now, if it wasn't such an urgent issue I probably would do what you
>ask ,RTFM, but if the system has been compromised than I need some
>help now to understand what is happening, again someone who claims to
>be a "Senior Oracle DBA" would understand that !!!
>
>Further more the whole point of such groups is to share information
>only if you want to ?

Too many people apparently don't want to do any own research. The answer as to what Plsextproc is would probably have been addressed by a query on http://tahiti.oracle.com in less than 1 minute. Apart from the fact that Usenet is a forum of volunteers doing this in their own spare time, Usenet is also an asynchronous operation. Would you have RTFM-ed, your question would have been immediately answered.
The purpose of this group is to empower users to stand on their own legs, not to nanny and to spoon fed them. Your comments are inappropiate, but not surprising for someone who post anonymously, without a signature, and a fake e-mail address.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA