Re: oracle net8 protocol

From: Richard Franklin <richard_p_franklin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Aug 2004 10:23:25 -0700

> You could start oracle sql*net tracing... works
> as long as the connection isn't encrypted
> The protocol is propriety, no specs public, afaik

is there an open source ODBC that I can examine? the sql*net .trc files are pretty useless because they are too hi level. if I could look at a driver in source code I'd understand how it worked. but I don't know of any such projects, just ones that link in oracle libs. (like perl libs for oracle connect)

I would think that someone had done such a project to make an application talk to an oracle database? Received on Thu Aug 26 2004 - 12:23:25 CDT