Re: return BOTH a recordset and an OUT par from Oracle Stored Proc using ASP and ADO

From: Carlo <carlogol_at_virgilio.it>
Date: 26 Aug 2004 00:40:42 -0700

Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> wrote in message news:<babpi0d8if351hf1o57cp2clvub8t4etrq_at_4ax.com>...
> On 25 Aug 2004 08:01:49 -0700, carlogol_at_virgilio.it (Carlo) wrote:
>
> >I mean: the stored procedure compiled and worked if called by
> >anonymous PL/SQL code. Nor I got any error from my asp page. Simply: I
> >could loop thru the recordset, but I was not able to retrieve the
> >value of this output parameter.
> >
> >Can you help me please?
>

> Your procedure has 2 formal parameters. You call it using only 1
> actual parameter. You need to modify the call to make sure it uses 2
> parameters.

Sybrand, thanks for your answer.

And you are right, but according to the example seen in the book, "Although our stored procedure has two parameters, the search name and the reference cursor that is returned, you must not bind the reference cursor as a parameter using the ? attribute when using OraOLEDB, so we've included only one ? character to represent the Name input parameter".

The problem is that I did not read the article carefully (my apologies!!!). It does not talk about DSN, but is does say to use "Oracle Provider for OLE DB".

I just realized that, and it works now.
Ciao Received on Thu Aug 26 2004 - 02:40:42 CDT