Re: Grant SYS.x$KCCCP to DBA..........................

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 25 Aug 2004 08:22:12 -0700

marjina98_at_hotmail.com wrote in message news:<24bfee06.0408250022.58c46949_at_posting.google.com>...
> Thanks,
>
> Is creating a view on fixed tables is the only solution for my query?
> Should the view which we created for the fixed table SYS.x$KCCCP
> refresh implicitly?
> By default is there an alternative view of this fixed table
> SYS.x$KCCCP available, if so what is that view.
>
> Yes the column CPODR_BNO is what I am looking for. Actually I want to
> find out the amount of redo generated for the current redo log file.
>
> Thanks
>
> Marjina

Marjina, since most information of normal value in the x$ views are exposed via v$ views there is very little need for the average DBA to really look at these views. What is it that you are trying to accomplish? What is it that you need to know?

This is not meant as an insult but the fact that you would even ask if the view would "refresh implicityly" makes me wonder if you have the experience and knowledge level necessary to effectively deal with x$ views. There are a lot of little variations in the meaning of the data when dealing with x$ views that can make working with them trickier that would first appear.

Still if you must access the x$ views then you probably find if you are dealing with one of those seeming inconsistentcies. We all learn as we go. The answer is yes you must place a view over the x$ view if you want to expose it to other users.

Good luck -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Aug 25 2004 - 10:22:12 CDT