Re: A request to owners of Oracle7.x and 8.0 on unix

From: jd <jedrzej_dudkiewicz_at_poczta.interia.pl>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:38:05 +0200

> >I'm currently writing a script that detects packages installed along with
> >Oracle. Since I can't find downloadable (or any other, in fact) versions
of
> >Oracle 7.x and 8.0, I'd like to ask those of you, who own such databases,
[...]
> >It's supposed to write info that will contain information that I need.
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >JD
>
> Same information can be provided by
> select * from v$version and select * from v$option.

Thanks, but it doesn't resolve my problem as this is a shell script and I can't (I'm not allowed to) run any querries on database, unfortunatelly.

> Also 7.x and 8.0 are dead since the stone age.

Well, that is true, but... The company I work in needs this kind of script. They don't have such databases, though. And it's not like I can do anything about it. That's why I need such information.

Anyhow, thanks for an answer.

JD Received on Wed Aug 25 2004 - 09:38:05 CDT