Re: NULLS when col is NOT NULL ??

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 06:38:12 +1000

Ed Stevens wrote:

> So, it appears we have 283 instances of nulls (ascii zero) in a column
> defined as NOT NULL. What am I missing here (besides my sanity, of
> course!)

I might be missing a trick or three in my old age, but last time I looked NULL meant "don't know". Whereas ASCII(0) sounds very much like we do know. Hence, NULL <> ASCII(0).

How the ASCII(0) got there in the first place, of course, is another matter.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Aug 24 2004 - 15:38:12 CDT