Installing 9i on Solaris 8 box with pre-existing 8i failing

From: Bigwill <will_lungo_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2004 09:33:59 -0700

Greetings,

I am attempting to install a 9i database with an exsisting 8i database on a solaris 8 sparc 64bit box. At the installer , I have selected a different location than 8i for the install path. The source is set to where the install files are copied. (not a cd install). The destination is set to /usr/app/Oracle9.2.0.1.0/. ( 8i is installed in /usr/app/oracle/8.1.7/) After I select the server install, the install app quits without any errors. I am installing a seperate version vs upgrading it, because I will be using a 3rd party vendor app to create the new table spaces and migrate my data. I will then uninstall 8i. any help would be appreciated. thanks. Received on Tue Aug 24 2004 - 11:33:59 CDT