Re: Equivalent of V$SQL_PLAN and V$SQL_PLAN_STATISTICS in Oracle8i

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 24 Aug 2004 05:22:34 -0700

premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com (Prem K Mehrotra) wrote in message news:<43441e77.0408231840.2c34dc2a_at_posting.google.com>...
> I do not see these views in Oracle8i, only in Oracle9i. Is there a way
> to find
> sql plans and staitistics in Oracle8i without running tkprof. I do not
> want to run tkprof for a specific session, instead I want to get all
> plans in some period of time.

Not available in 8i as Sybrand stated.

> I know in Oracle Enterprise Manager I can use Oracle Top Sessions,
> connect to a Oracle8i database. I can see the top sql sessions, I can
> drill down and see the sql*plan. How does Oracle get this information
> in Oracle8i. I know in Oracle9i, one can get this information from
> v$sql_plan and v$sql_Plan_statistics, but my database is on Oracle8i.

I believe OEM does this by issuing an explain at analysis time ( a bit like the explain option for TKPROF and subject to the same pitfalls). The only way to get the execution plan that a session used in 8i is to trace the session (and use the STAT lines in the trace file). Received on Tue Aug 24 2004 - 07:22:34 CDT