Re: OMLETv4.1: the Ultimate Visual Real Time Oracle Monitoring Tool is now updated

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:59:03 GMT

MORONIS TROLL wrote:

> Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net> wrote in
>

>> MORONIS TROLL wrote:
>>
>>> We can only wish that Omlet qualfies himself for this year's Darwin
>>> Award!

>> Apparently disqualified. According to the ack in his 'How to Omlet'
>> "book", he has already contributed the gene pool.
>>
>> Just wonder what his children will think when they eventually read the
>> comments.
>>

> From what I've read of the Darwin Awards they are always
> awarded posthumously, since the awardee found a creative
> way to off himself in a way any rational person would never attempt.

From http://www.darwinawards.com/

"The Darwin Awards honor those who improve our gene pool... by removing themselves from it. Of necessity, this honor is bestowed posthumously."

At one time ('93, '94), that meant a complete removal of the entire branch from the gene pool preferrably before the branch is started. Reviewing the current rules, having offspring no longer disqualifies the individual. Guess things change over time (and I need to stop living in the past <g>). Received on Mon Aug 23 2004 - 21:59:03 CDT