Equivalent of V$SQL_PLAN and V$SQL_PLAN_STATISTICS in Oracle8i

From: Prem K Mehrotra <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Aug 2004 19:40:44 -0700

I do not see these views in Oracle8i, only in Oracle9i. Is there a way to find
sql plans and staitistics in Oracle8i without running tkprof. I do not want to run tkprof for a specific session, instead I want to get all plans in some period of time.

I know in Oracle Enterprise Manager I can use Oracle Top Sessions, connect to a Oracle8i database. I can see the top sql sessions, I can drill down and see the sql*plan. How does Oracle get this information in Oracle8i. I know in Oracle9i, one can get this information from v$sql_plan and v$sql_Plan_statistics, but my database is on Oracle8i.

Thanks lot,

Prem Received on Mon Aug 23 2004 - 21:40:44 CDT