Re: Oracle and Sybase connection problem. Please help me!!! urgent.

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 07:30:01 +1000

Mata wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to connect oracle running on AIX system whit a sybase 6.0.2
> D.B running on a WIN XP platform. I'm using Heterogeneous
> Services to connect them; version of transparent gateway for Sybase is
> 9.2.0.1.0.
>
> When i do a select sentence from sql plus i get this message:
>
> ORA-28500: connection from ORACLE to a non-Oracle system returned this
> message:
> [Transparent gateway for SYBASE]No se puede encontrar el módulo
> especificado.
> ; at FIND_IMAGE_SYMBOL
> [C079] Failed to load dynamic library 'hsdbsyb'
> PATH = C:\oracle\ora90\bin;C:\Archivos de
> programa\Oracle\jre\1.3.1\bin;C:\Archivos de
> programa\Oracle\jre\1.1.8\bin;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C
\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\DJGPP\bin;C:\Archivos
> de programa\UltraEdit;C:\j2sdk1.4.2_04\bin;C:\BORLANDC\BIN;C:\Ar
>
> [C077] Could not find symbol 'SYBASE' in dynamic library
> ORA-02063: preceding 7 lines from PR1
>

> WHAT IS WRONG?????
I DON'T KNOW, BUT QUIT SHOUTING. And if a problem is really urgent, instead of making unreasonable demands to fix your problem RIGHT NOW, take out a paid support contract.

> I'll really apreciate any help you can bring.

I'm sure you would -but don't get up everyone's noses before you even start by yelling at people in upper case and insisting your problems are urgent, but clearly not worth paying for support to fix.

Then visit http://tahiti.oracle.com, and read all about transparent gateways.

HJR Received on Mon Aug 23 2004 - 16:30:01 CDT