Re: install 9i identically on other server

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no_spam_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:12:45 GMT

Frank Dietrich wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I install an oracle 9.2 database on a server with manually selected
> packages. How can I now install it on a second server, without the need
> to select all packages again?
> Is it possible to use the OUI with an script? When it is possible, where
> should I start read documentation?
>
> thanks Frank

In the doc's there should be a section on "silent install", we roll out the client portion using this, but I'm not exactly sure how it's done, other than using SMS and some editing of the response files(my part).

A google search of "Oracle silent install" should show you plenty...

hth Received on Mon Aug 23 2004 - 12:12:45 CDT