Re: table relationships

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 15:12:00 -0500

On Sun, 22 Aug 2004 10:07:24 -0700, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

>Jeff wrote:
>
>> When you connect to an Oracle database with Access and ADO, is there a way
>> to get information on the Oracle table relationships?
>>
>> Jeff
>
>Query the data dictionary views. Run this query for a list of them.
>
>SELECT view_name
>FROM all_views
>WHERE view_name LIKE 'ALL%';
>
>But why connect to Oracle with MS Access? An overwhelming desire to use
>the worst possible tool to do the job?

Why, haven't you heard? End-User-Tools are the wave of the future and will render IT professionals obsolete. Just give the end-user an ad hoc tool and unlimited access to his data and we can slash our MIS/IS/IT budget by 50% (or was that 70%? Or 95%?) At least that's what I've been hearing for the last 25+ years. And I still (as a DBA!) get calls from end-users because they forgot how to configure an ODBC DSN, or more interstingly, because they don't understand their own data. ("how do I identify and report all of the purchase orders that haven't yet been entered into the system?") Received on Sun Aug 22 2004 - 15:12:00 CDT