Re: 10.1.0.3 Patch

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 07:16:25 -0700

Pratap wrote:
> Why should there be conflicts, I did not understand.
> alter system set param=value scope=spfile;
> Then restart the database.
>
> The size restriction is there in Oracle 9i patches also.
>
> Pratap

There are other parms that control maximum pool sizes. On my laptop 150+120 exceeded that number. But once shutdown ... there was no way to alter the spfile since I couldn't do a STARTUP NOMOUNT.

It is easily solved by dropping the spfile, altering the init.ora, and recreating the spfile but what a pain.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington