10.1.0.3 Patch

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:00:50 -0700

I am not particularly happy with the 10.1.0.3 patch for a simple reason ... I should have read the instructions before I started rather than while running it.

My suggestion ... make the changes to pools (150M and 120M) or decide you don't need to before you start the patch. Changing the pool sizes while upgrading may make it impossible to restart Oracle without a painful recreation of the spfile due to parameter conflicts.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington