Calling dbms_profiler.stop_profiler when not profiling

From: Chris <bit_bucket5_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Aug 2004 13:16:15 -0700

Will doing so have any adverse affects? I'd like to add dynamic profiling to some code. If calling stop_profiler has no ill effect when not profiling, it makes the code simpler. Eg, can I do this:

IF profiling_enabled THEN
  DBMS_PROFILER.START_PROFILER(...);
END IF;

DBMS_PROFILER.STOP_PROFILER; instead of this:

IF profiling_enabled THEN
  DBMS_PROFILER.START_PROFILER(...);
END IF;

IF profiling_enabled THEN
  DBMS_PROFILER.STOP_PROFILER;
END IF; ??
In testing, it appears to have no ill effect.

Thanks for any info.

-Chris Received on Fri Aug 20 2004 - 15:16:15 CDT