Re: Running SQL Scripts via SQLPATH (Registry)

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:12:36 +0200

marjina98_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have several SQL scripts which are useful for getting database information.
> How should we manage these SQL Scripts via SQLPATH (a registry)?
> I heard about this registry SQLPATH for managing the SQL scripts.
>
> After setting the value of SQLPATH in the registry what should I do?
>
> I mean should the scripts running implicitly after setting this registry.
>
> My Oracle version is 8.1.7.0 on Win2000.
>
> Can someone please explain this?
>
> MArjina

Instead of running @c:\scripts\sql\db_info\[whatever path you have]\script1, you could simply run @script1 (assuming the extension is .sql).
This can be done, after you added/modified SQLPATH in the registry to have a value of c:\scripts\sql\db_info\[whatever path you have]

If you have multiple installations, make sure you select the correct home sub key.

BTW: you should at least patch your version, if not upgrade to 9.2

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel