Re: 2GB Problem with Oracle 8.0.5 an Windows 2000 Server

From: Dani Speh <d.speh_at_donau-touristik.at>
Date: 19 Aug 2004 08:25:05 -0700

"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:<412438a0$0$20251$cc9e4d1f_at_news-text.dial.pipex.com>...
> "Dani Speh" <d.speh_at_donau-touristik.at> wrote in message
> > Hi ,
> > I have a problem with that database.Every night I make a full export
> > from an Production db an an import to an standby db. Everything runs
> > fine till yesterday. Import ends with an Error 2237 (Invalid file
> > size).I looked at the datafiles and saw the error in the indexfile.
> > The indexfile is 2.02 GB and import will not create such a large file.
> > I've tried to create the indexfile later( with import INDEXFILE=) but
> > import still wants to make a big file.Tonight I'll try the compress
> > option.I hope this works. But if not can anybody help me with this
> > problem?
>
> I second Dan and Sybrand on the upgrading, but have a couple more comments.
>
> 1. You should, even in 805, be able to export to multiple dump files and
> specify their size. exp help=y will tell you if the FILESIZE parameter is
> available, or there is always the utilities manual.
>
> 2. If you are exporting to an indexfile it isn't really a standby is it. It
> looks more like a way of recreating the objects, and a 2gb indexfile seems a
> little unlikely. what command are you actually using?

Hi ,
1. The dump file is only about 600MB big. Thats not the problem. The problem is that the import would like create an >2GB indexfile (CREATE TABLESPACE "DBFINDEX" DATAFILE 'D:\ORACLE\ORADATA\INDXTRS.ORA' SIZE 2074M AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 31457280 MAXSIZE 16777208K DEFAULT STORAGE (INITIAL 20480 MINEXTENTS 1 MAXEXTENTS 249 PCTINCREASE 50) ONLINE PERMANENT;) -> In the Dump the SIZE Parameter is in BYTES. I create now this indexfile prior to the import.

2. It's not a really standby database. It's only a 'clone' from the production db.The vendor of the software wouldn't like that we do tests with our own software at the production db and we either.I've thougt to export to an indexfile(imp parameter indexfile) before I figured out the method with creation of tablespace before import.My import parameters are full,commit,ignore,feedback and buffers

Dani Received on Thu Aug 19 2004 - 10:25:05 CDT