Fine point on rowtype and update

From: Roger Redford <dba_222_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2004 06:11:26 -0700

Dear experts,

I making a procedure to update a single row.

I'm using a rowtype, rather than declaring variables for each field.

Is it possible to update the entire row, with the rowtype variable? That is, without listing each field?

I tried this, but I got compilation errors. (From Oracle documentation.)

	Update	record
	Set		row = r_record
	Where		record_id = P_Record_ID;

Errors for PROCEDURE
 clsLINE/COL ERROR

73/2     PL/SQL: SQL Statement ignored
74/7     PLS-00417: unable to resolve "ROW" as a column

I don't think it's possible, but again I thought I would ask.

Thanks a lot Received on Thu Aug 19 2004 - 08:11:26 CDT