Re: How to fire a stored proc from a query window

From: Lee <lduhl_at_corp.realcomp.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2004 08:02:39 -0700

Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net> wrote in message news:<cfv8sf$m5k$1_at_news3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl>...
> Lee wrote:
>
> > We've been working with Oracle (10g) for a couple months and we are
> > just now trying to fire a stored proc from a query window (Sql/Plus or
> > 3rd party utility)
> >
> > I would like to call the proc declared below and have the results
> > returned, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to call it.
> >

> > CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE SA.USP_LEES_TEST_SP (
> > strAgentCode IN CHAR DEFAULT NULL,
> > RC1 IN OUT Omwb_emulation.globalPkg.RCT1)
> > AS
> > -- Variable Declarations
> > strAgentCode_ VARCHAR(10) := strAgentCode;
> >
> > -- Query Logic
> > BEGIN
> >
> > OPEN RC1 FOR
> > SELECT *
> > FROM SA.UserInfo
> > WHERE UserCode LIKE USP_LEES_TEST_SP.strAgentCode_ || '%';
> >
> > END USP_LEES_TEST_SP;
> >
> > I've tried things like the following, but nothing works:
> > EXECUTE sa.usp_Lees_Test_Sp('12345'),
> > CALL sa.usp_Lees_Test_sp('12345') and
> > EXECUTE sa.usp_Lees_Test_Sp('12345', RC1)
> >
> > If anyone can give me the command to execute this proc it would be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Lee
>
> I would seriously test this app, as it is a ported
> application from SQL Server (by the looks of it),
> via Oracle's Migration Workbench (OMWB).
> Both products have their flaws...

Frank

This proc was just written as a test to figure out how to get a result set from
within a store proc returned to its calling program (whether that is a application or just another query window).

We are new to Oracle, (comming from a MS SQL world) and having a heck of a time figuring some things out.

Thanks
Lee Received on Wed Aug 18 2004 - 10:02:39 CDT