Oracle Transparent Gateway to DB2/MVS

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 07:33:52 -0500

Oracle 8.1.7 on Win2k

We run a mixed environment with Oracle running on Windows, Solaris, and AIX, and DB2 running on Z/OS (IBM mainframe). Some of our Windows based Oracle db's connect to DB2 via the Oracle Transparent Gateway.

Yesterday, I received this from the DBA that handles the DB2 environment. Can anyone shed any light on this?

<snip description of problem on DB2 side>

There were several Gateway threads still allocated, I killed any of them that were over an hour old, things seemed to run ok them.

There seems to be a growing # of Gateway threads being held now days, Applications folks tells us they are releasing their threads (but we can see they don't all get released. How can we find out more information on releasing threads in the gateway?
===== end quote =====