Re: Type of shutdown

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 18:31:13 +1000

marjina98_at_hotmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With regards to stop the database via windows services, I set the
> ORACLE_sid_SHUTDOWNTYPE to n (normal).
> Then I stop the database via windows services but it performs the
> shutdown (abort) as I checked in alert log.
>

> The values of ORA_sid_SHUTDOWN is TRUE and ORA_sid_SHUTDOWN_TIMEOUT
> is(30) in my registry.
> Could someone please check that matter?
> Why it didn&#8217;t work after setting the values in registry.
>
> Thanks
>
> Marjina

First, what did the alert log say that persuaded you it is doing a shutdown abort?

Second, did you reboot your machine after you changed the registry entries?

Third, what are the results of changing the registry to values that support immediate or transactional shutdowns, with reboots between each change?

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Aug 17 2004 - 03:31:13 CDT