Re: Thinking about archived redo-logs SIZE

From: Josť Arango <arango_at_caribe.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 23:36:39 -0400

Howard J. Rogers wrote:

> ARCn takes an intelligent copy of redo data. It does not do byte-for-byte
> copies of the online logs as 'copy' or 'cp' would do. Therefore, if you
> have 2MB actually used in a 10MB log, and you manually force a log switch,
> the resulting archive will be 2MB in size.

Thanks a million for the NICE explanation Howard.

BTW, I'm glad you are still around. I haven't been around for a while (almost 2 years). I remember the website you had and that you had to remove the content. Sad story :( but it's great to know you still hang out around here helping people. That's worth a lot.

Thanks again!

All the best to you,
Jose Received on Mon Aug 16 2004 - 22:36:39 CDT