Re: Direct path write

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:33:53 +1000

Jaap W. van Dijk wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 21:59:56 +1000, "Howard J. Rogers"
> <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote:

>>Try not rebuilding indexes at all, since they almost certainly don't need
>>it.
>>
>>Regards
>>HJR

> Maybe not in a transactional application.
>
> For bulk loads they can have been set to UNUSABLE.
>
> Jaap.

Come on... I said "almost". Inevitably, there are circumstances where they must be rebuilt (alter table move, anyone?).

Bulk loads are just one amongst many.

The point was not to iterate all possibilities, but to get the OP to validate the real *need* to rebuild before going ahead and doing it.

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Aug 16 2004 - 18:33:53 CDT