Re: Adding rollback

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 00:09:59 +0200

On 16 Aug 2004 13:58:33 -0700, bunjibry_at_gmail.com (bw) wrote:

>I have inherited a 9.2.0 database where the only rollback segments
>that exist are what was created for SYSTEM. Can I get away with
>adding the needed rollback segments (RBS01... etc.) to the init.ora,
>creating them in the existing RBS tablespace? Once this has been
>completed do I then bounce the instance so they are recognized via the
>init.ora?

In 9i rollback has changed into undo. You set up an undo tablespace, configure it in init.ora and forget about the issue.

You are describing pre-9i rollback segments. Public rollback segments are acquired automatically. Private need to be in init.ora, but just put them online, and edit init.ora, no need to bounce.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA