Re: Unexpected Parallel Query Execution

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Aug 2004 05:25:12 -0700

> Hi, Matt,
>
> I suspect those parallel processes are due to parallel rollback. If
> you alter system set fast_start_parallel_rollback = false, can you
> still see them?

Yeah, I think you are spot on...

I suspected that they were parallel rollback slaves after I searched for "ORACLE.EXE(P000)" on Metalink and there were a load of hits for parallel rollback.

This would explain why I haven't seen these processes since.

From memory, there was a failed (long running) transaction occuring at the time of this query.

Thanks for the feedback.

Matt Received on Mon Aug 16 2004 - 07:25:12 CDT